Appointing a Committee in a divided family

A person makes a Power of Attorney (for financial purposes) or a Representation Agreement (for health care) to appoint someone to act in their place when they can no longer make decisions. If they don’t make the documents, most often a Court Order has to appoint someone (called a “Committee“) to make those decisions. The appointed person(s) is […]